Starting My Day
In the morning with a heartfelt nod, I lift up my prayer to God,
With a humbled thankful heart, I thank Christ for another start,
For another workday has begun, while I am led by God’s Son,
One more day with Jesus Christ, the very Sustainer of my life.
At times God puts on my mind, souls who are spiritually blind,
Blinded by Satan to God’s Word, as Satan dulls all they heard,
So I pray to God that in this life, they’ll see and come to Christ,
I pray their eyes will open to see, God’s Truths to enter Eternity.
At times I think of this nation, and how many ignore Revelation,
Moving away from God’s Design, leading us into a darker time,
I pray leaders can see Truth, to avoid God’s Righteous reproof,
I pray that with The Spirit’s lead, many shall see Truth and heed.
At times as the day does start, my family is laid upon my heart,
My boys while they live their life; that they daily walk with Christ,
For my wife with burdens to bear; to God, I lift a special prayer,
That as I implore The Lord above, He surrounds her in His Love.
As I close my time in prayer, God helps me with each daily care,
This, as God watches my family, also, those friends dear to me,
As He hears me all day through, while guiding me in all that I do.
Ending my day in thanks to God, with a Thankful, prayerful nod.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Starting My Day by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Zulu King, Margaret Alice Second
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah
- Just To Encourage You To Hold On, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Will Seek For You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under The Apple Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spiced Wine, Edward Kofi Louis
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan