Terence G. Craddock
State Selected Target Enemies
breathtaking is innate skills natural ferocious qualities?
persistently trained for strived for to groom skills to kill
to survive to kill kill kill state selected target enemies
great god science esteemed celebrated minds commit
crimes develop perfect ever more lethal choice weapons
technology establishes MAD mutual assured destruction
we grow more skilled more capable more adapt
at ethically dubious technically clinical overspecialized
techniques required to inflict horror on target acquired
in warfare target acquired includes flesh blood people
more than half killed in modern wars are civilians
innocent wrong place blameless men women children
are you frightened Joe Jane public should you be?
every new mission which politically required
high-risk intervention brings death killing ordered
to people born of mothers fathers just like you were
yes their luck ran out perfected skills budget killing left
running refugees easy drone strike heat signature targets
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Split image from the poem 'Past Human Race Historical Track Record' by Terence George Craddock.
Written in July 2014 on the 30&31.7.2014.
Comments about this poem (State Selected Target Enemies by Terence G. Craddock )
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath
- Gold Mouths Cry, Sylvia Plath
- Soliloquy Of The Solipsist, Sylvia Plath
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar