Stay Faithful or Stay Single
Once upon a time there was a girl,
who loved a guy with all her heart and soul.
For her, he meant the world,
For him, she meant just someone, of whom he was the world.
She would wait for his call and messages all day long,
while he was busy texting other girls,
and had always some excuse, to cover his fault.
She tried her best to make this long distance relationship work,
He always had a side plan to use this as an excuse.
She felt being ignored,
But he always lured her with his talks.
She decided to let things go,
But he never let that happen - she was meant to be a side option.
Finally she decided it was enough,
closing the eyes won't change the truth,
Maybe it was meant to happen,
and its high time that she realizes, it was nothing more than a bluff!
She took charge and control,
being a dumb girl was past,
Now she's a changed girl with a strong heart and soul.
For all those looser's who treat their girl badly and make her cry,
You don't deserve her, or any other girl
But just someone who'll make him cry and hurt the very same way!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stay Faithful or Stay Single by Sanyukta Sharma )
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)