lil island Gal
Stength of a Man
The strenght of the man isn’t in the width of his shoulders
It’s in the width of his arms that circle you.
The strength of the man isn’t in the deep tone of his voice
It’s in the gentle words he whispers.
The strength of the man isn’t in how he is respected
It’s in how he respects you.
The strength of the man isn’t in how hard he hits
It’s in how tender he touches.
The strength of the man isn’t in how many women loves him
It’s how he can be true to one woman in spite being loved by many.
lil island Gal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stength of a Man by lil island Gal )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain