Lawrence S. Pertillar
Step Away To Observe The Process
One will never be able to feel secure,
Or be free to express an identity found...
If one is incapable of breaking away,
From the opinions of others being made.
To then be unafraid if approval or acceptance,
Has not be given to validate one's movements.
To know life,
And its many connected experiences...
Associated with a personal living of it,
One has to face their own obstacles.
Suffer through their own heartaches and pain.
With a healing to be done alone.
Establishing a wisdom rarely is given on loan.
Or purchased at a flea market at a value,
To be found at a price to pay that is cheap.
A valued life to find can not be bargained,
To know what one owns to have defined.
One has to step away to observe the process.
All that other 'stuff' people make up,
As to what they believe someone else should be...
Is a way to prevent independent thinking.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Step Away To Observe The Process by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
- Together Life, Albert Martin
- No secret, gajanan mishra
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- купить крест торетто, kvazy1 kvazy1
- To surrender, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)