Still love her
My heart was pierced by cupid.
I disdained all glistening gold.
There was nothing that could console me.
But my goddess I longed to hold.
But now she doesn't need me.
She's in the arms of another now.
Sadly though I had foreseen this.
I'll never know what happened or how.
So now the old Eric is dead.
This cruel world tore him apart.
And now that its my turn.
I don't need this bleeding and broken heart.
Though she has greatly pained me.
If she calls I'm come to her aid.
Because I will always love her.
And because of the promise I made.
So now its finally my turn.
To go out and have some fun.
No more do I want to find love.
I no longer need anyone.
For the first time in my life.
I am finally free.
And now the time is upon us.
For the world to see the real me.
But I'm still in love with that goddess.
And I will love her for all time.
My one wish will always be.
To one day call her mine.
Vasto Grom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Still love her by Vasto Grom )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche