Stop not you
Yonder seen a green hill,
As hues the sun was spreading.
Thought, you were waving,
As I came near and near,
You went away, still waving.
Like a mirage, I chased,
You disobeyed, like a brat.
Sun stop there for a minute,
The journey let me finish.
Enough walking, oh dear,
Stop there once for all.
A sweet trap, you’re not,
Darling, why don’t you stop?
Weariness, lassitude, touch
Still you smile so much.
The sun is on the other hill,
Continuing, a waste, I think.
Oh, dear dearest seeker,
This is life, for success baiter.
Only walking, walking, not stopping.
A step is just a step near,
Walk ahead, catch me,
Walk along not flinch.
See, I’m right in front smiling.
Stop a bit,
Grab my smile,
Let’s walk for a mile.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stop not you by Sudam Panigrahi )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)