Stop not you
Yonder seen a green hill,
As hues the sun was spreading.
Thought, you were waving,
As I came near and near,
You went away, still waving.
Like a mirage, I chased,
You disobeyed, like a brat.
Sun stop there for a minute,
The journey let me finish.
Enough walking, oh dear,
Stop there once for all.
A sweet trap, you’re not,
Darling, why don’t you stop?
Weariness, lassitude, touch
Still you smile so much.
The sun is on the other hill,
Continuing, a waste, I think.
Oh, dear dearest seeker,
This is life, for success baiter.
Only walking, walking, not stopping.
A step is just a step near,
Walk ahead, catch me,
Walk along not flinch.
See, I’m right in front smiling.
Stop a bit,
Grab my smile,
Let’s walk for a mile.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stop not you by Sudam Panigrahi )
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)