STOP THE DEAD GUYS COMING HOME
Why should we be worked up about what happens way over there?
Far away on the other side of the globe where we can’t repair,
Dead guys coming back in coffins on the Highway of Heroes,
It seems obvious that the benefits amount to zeroes.
Media says we have a moral obligation to do this or that,
The politically correct say we can’t leave ‘cause we’re up to bat,
None of this makes much sense and it’s as expensive as hell,
Who’s running this wartime show - some very very strange cartel?
Why am I loosing faith with that guy looking back in the mirror?
Why are we stuck there for more years according to the emperor?
Is this a reason why we need binding referendums and soon?
Less dead guys on the Highway of Heroes by the next full moon.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (STOP THE DEAD GUYS COMING HOME by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Behind clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Joy, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Life the messenger., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos