STOP THE DEAD GUYS COMING HOME
Why should we be worked up about what happens way over there?
Far away on the other side of the globe where we can’t repair,
Dead guys coming back in coffins on the Highway of Heroes,
It seems obvious that the benefits amount to zeroes.
Media says we have a moral obligation to do this or that,
The politically correct say we can’t leave ‘cause we’re up to bat,
None of this makes much sense and it’s as expensive as hell,
Who’s running this wartime show - some very very strange cartel?
Why am I loosing faith with that guy looking back in the mirror?
Why are we stuck there for more years according to the emperor?
Is this a reason why we need binding referendums and soon?
Less dead guys on the Highway of Heroes by the next full moon.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (STOP THE DEAD GUYS COMING HOME by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey