Inam Sinelizwi Manyala
Stories You've Been Told.
...stories you've been told got you thinking being dark skinned is ugly, now you bleaching, trying to lighten up your skin tone.
stories you've been told turned you a religion freak, thinking your culture is wrong.
...I've been told being black is being blinded by the darkness of my past, being black is the writings of all my ancestors who fought the oppressor. Now they’re sending out all the messages in the form of my skin.
...stories you've been told paints you inferior so you own poverty, and think the Ghetto is rightfully a black zone.
I've been told that my fore-fathers are the owners of this land that bears gold.
...stories you've been told got you feeling like a misfit in your own home, trying to fit in to alien norms.
I've been told they came from the West, East, South and some from the North, all to play Bosses in my fore-fathers' home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stories You've Been Told. by Inam Sinelizwi Manyala )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Fulfilled To Get Their Wishes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- В унисон со старою балладой, Xena von Davydoff
- You Spoke my heart, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Opal thrusts, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Sea-Wall, Emmanuel George Cefai
- This Night Is Somber, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Admiral of the Nineteen Stars, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Seed Of Illusion, Aaryan Deshpande
- Solemn pattering of Waves., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rain From May, Emmanuel George Cefai