Dr John Celes
Story of Jesus Christ
Two thousand years ago,
A baby boy was born,
From Virgin Mary’s womb
In Bethlehem, a town.
He was ‘Emmanuel’:
He was named Jesus Christ;
He was both man and Lord –
The only son of God.
He was the Prince of Peace
His birth brought joy on earth
He was both Lord and King
But chose just poverty
The scripture foretold this
He grew up in wisdom
He preached about heaven,
God’s love and forgiveness.
He performed miracles
He explained scriptures well
He knew the people’s hearts
He even cried for them.
He came to save sinners
He was the truth, light, way
He suffered for our sins,
And died upon the cross.
He rose from death third day
He triumphed over death
He won over satan,
Ascending to heaven
He comes to judge mankind
He Himself is God too
He loves all souls He made
Heaven is His abode.
He was, is and shall be
He is Omnipotent
He is Omniscient
He is our Creator.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 27-06-2013
Comments about this poem (Story of Jesus Christ by Dr John Celes )
- My sky is not clear and blue, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
- My Heartache, Arrianna Prentiss
- In A moment of Inattentiveness, Fatima Nusairat
- Circle of friends, Gerry Legister
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.35, Monk E. Biz
- for the man who keeps bees and brings th.., Mandolyn ...
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.34, Monk E. Biz
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)