Story of war for love
Rukmini and Lord Krishna love each other;
But to marry king Shishupal wanted her brother.
Rukmini sends message to the Lord to come
Requesting thereby to take her along to his home.
Brother and Shishupal intercepts Krishna's path
With Krishna too is accompanied brother Balram.
Balram Lord's brother tells Rukmi, Rukmini's brother
You are robbing happiness and blessings of her.
A king she doesn't like, you decided her to marry
You are trying to trump love, that is not a country.
Shishupal and her brother Rukmi attack on them
But get defeated by Krishna and Balram in turn.
Balarama and Sishupal are involved in a mace fight,
Sishupal is badly wounded and finally gets his defeat.
Krishna punishes Rukmi by shaving off half of head
Which, the Lord feels necessary to curb his arrogance.
Lord smiles having got his Rukmini, took to his chariot
With all three of them the divine chariot drives off.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Story of war for love by S.D. TIWARI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo
- a small stop...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Id est, Frank Avon