It was a silent night if not holy, it was overcast
the electric gone, no streetlamps or moon.
A knock on my door a bundle of night asked to come
in because he was afraid of the darkness,
He sat by the candlelight warming his hands
and became almost transparent you could see
he had lived long; the blessed sun had never warmed
his face never had he seen sunlight make rippling
sea into gold. Towards dawn got his spirit up and
smiled... then he seeped out just as the light came back on.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strange Encounter by oskar hansen )
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi