This was written as a personification poem for English. It had to be a fruit or vegetable and I chose a strawberry.
My reddish skin is
Red as an apple.
I am covered with
Small green freckles that
I am very sweet.
My green hair sticks out
A little and is
Picked off by others.
I grow to be a
Few years old. I last
Longer than most. I am
Surrounded by friends.
We must stay close so
That we do not freeze.
I love when I am
Given a bath for it
Feels so refreshing.
My dirt is washed from
Me. I love to spin
‘round in my water.
I am not garnished.
My complexure is
So sensitive. I
Have soft skin. If dropped,
I am spoiled for my
Bruises cover me.
White flowers greet me
Early in my life; they
Are so beautiful.
My small figure makes
Up in abundant
Aurea Armbruster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strawberry by Aurea Armbruster )
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Golden Slips, Edward Kofi Louis
- Flight of the Fire Birds, michael walkerjohn
- My Mom, Sharvali Shinde
- Limerick-44, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In the early of a day, subash parajuli
- You Are Great, Edward Kofi Louis
- Made Open!, Edward Kofi Louis
- LIMERICK-5 (Funny Adjective), Saheb Mohapatra
- When my eyes see each other......, Saheb Mohapatra
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)