streaks of rain
I see you...
Looking at him the way you once looked at me.
I thought I was over you, but the stabbing pain in my heart proves otherwise.
If a bigger fool exists, I have not met him.
For to leave behind such a goddess, such an angel, the dear mother of my child, makes me a fool beyond compare.
I dropp my umbrella...
Cold rain mixes with warm tears, sending salty rivulets streaming down pallid cheeks.
A young, blonde girl stares at me with laughing eyes, as I reach down for the parasol, now mangled and torn like its wretched owner.
I turn away...
Crushed and shattered, walking slowly... now faster... now trotting... now running...
Hard rain pelts down on my bare face, like shrapnel from an exploding bomb.
A Coachman cries, 'Watch Out, Man! '
The world slows down...
A crowd begins to gather.
I see a familiar face...
Oh, my darling. You are looking at me now...
With a look of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (streaks of rain by aimee lister )
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)