streaks of rain
I see you...
Looking at him the way you once looked at me.
I thought I was over you, but the stabbing pain in my heart proves otherwise.
If a bigger fool exists, I have not met him.
For to leave behind such a goddess, such an angel, the dear mother of my child, makes me a fool beyond compare.
I dropp my umbrella...
Cold rain mixes with warm tears, sending salty rivulets streaming down pallid cheeks.
A young, blonde girl stares at me with laughing eyes, as I reach down for the parasol, now mangled and torn like its wretched owner.
I turn away...
Crushed and shattered, walking slowly... now faster... now trotting... now running...
Hard rain pelts down on my bare face, like shrapnel from an exploding bomb.
A Coachman cries, 'Watch Out, Man! '
The world slows down...
A crowd begins to gather.
I see a familiar face...
Oh, my darling. You are looking at me now...
With a look of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (streaks of rain by aimee lister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones