She said to one: ‘How glows
My heart at the hot thought
Of battle’s glorious throes!’
He said: ‘For us who fought
Are icy memories
That must for ever freeze
The sunny hours they bought.’
She said to one: ‘How light
Must your freed heart be now,
After the heavy fight!”
He said: ‘Well I don’t know…..
The war gave one a shake,
Somehow, knocked one awake…..
Now. life’s so deadly slow.’
Elizabeth Daryush's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Subalterns by Elizabeth Daryush )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI