What is Success
I come not to say
for there are many others
who know the way
how to reach, what to do,
how to know, they convey.
All i know is I fear success for
after that I know not what i will work for.
If success is the destination,
I fear the journey, for it will end
if success is the aim,
I fear the principles I have to bend
if success is the ultimate high,
I fear the ensuing downhill I have to fend
if success is a result of my efforts
I fear the arrogance that could blend
if success becomes my only purpose
I fear for my life that is bound to fall by the wayside saddened
Above all, 'what next' is the only question
by which my mind is deafened.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Success by Sriram Sampath )
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez
- Trippin, John Masaitis
- LAst goodbye, Barbara Dixion
- Letterescence, Jole Hans
- All Babble Yet No Travel, Tyrone Gayle
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak