Hot pavement burns the feet,
Cool green grass what a treat.
Sand stuck between the toes,
Sun burnt skin on the nose.
Cotton clouds floating by,
Baby blue paints the sky.
Kids running out to play,
School is out, happy day.
Summer smells fill the air,
As we play with out care.
Waiting lines, ice cream stands,
Young and old are the fans.
All nature’s running high,
Summers breeze brush the sky.
Pools and waves cool the skin,
What a day for a friend.
Tired, sleepy children cry,
Once more, they want to try.
Visit family, see friends,
All too soon summer ends.
Soon tired of summer's heat,
Autumn brings cool relief.
Cool days turn green to gold,
Summer memories~we hold.
Teresa Dearing's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Memories by Teresa Dearing )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pen Me Passion, Shania K. Younce
- Curiosity's Appetite, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do Bad Things happen to good people?, Shania K. Younce
- Kira My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Full Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil Does Find My Need, Adeosun Olamide
- Peterborough Cry, Moses Samandar