Hot pavement burns the feet,
Cool green grass what a treat.
Sand stuck between the toes,
Sun burnt skin on the nose.
Cotton clouds floating by,
Baby blue paints the sky.
Kids running out to play,
School is out, happy day.
Summer smells fill the air,
As we play with out care.
Waiting lines, ice cream stands,
Young and old are the fans.
All nature’s running high,
Summers breeze brush the sky.
Pools and waves cool the skin,
What a day for a friend.
Tired, sleepy children cry,
Once more, they want to try.
Visit family, see friends,
All too soon summer ends.
Soon tired of summer's heat,
Autumn brings cool relief.
Cool days turn green to gold,
Summer memories~we hold.
Teresa Dearing's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Memories by Teresa Dearing )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Watch UFC 183 Free Online Live Stream: S.., Kala John
- Drumming Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak