This is a senryu (similar to a haiku, but a haiku doesn't mention any people while a senryu does) about the Summertime that I wrote.
- - - - - - - - -
I open the blinds
And the sun shines in my face
While I smile with joy
I wander outside
While basking in the glory
of the summer-time
Birds fly above me
Chirping a glorious song
Looking for some food
Where I live, it is the summertime and it is very nice so I decided to write this senryu to give you an idea of how nice it is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer-Time Senryu by Alex Skerratt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata