As my time draws ever closer,
and the end is coming near;
It will soon be time to walk out these doors,
and once again face my fears.
I've learned so very much in group,
form everyone who shared;
And as I opened up a bit,
and my demons in life I barred;
I found a joy and peace,
deep inside my heart;
I found a kindard spirit in group,
in which we all took part.
I truely found in this heart of mine,
a special love for you all.
You picked me up when I was down,
and showed me how to stand tall.
And to the staff at Highland Ridge,
I thank you with all my heart!
I will always carry you with me,
though we are miles apart;
For you gave to me the tools,
to live a life of peace,
You guided me to my higher power,
whose blessings never cease.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
I thank you with all of me!
I wish you all the best in life,
and sweet sobriety! ! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sobriety by Dwayne Bailey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak