As my time draws ever closer,
and the end is coming near;
It will soon be time to walk out these doors,
and once again face my fears.
I've learned so very much in group,
form everyone who shared;
And as I opened up a bit,
and my demons in life I barred;
I found a joy and peace,
deep inside my heart;
I found a kindard spirit in group,
in which we all took part.
I truely found in this heart of mine,
a special love for you all.
You picked me up when I was down,
and showed me how to stand tall.
And to the staff at Highland Ridge,
I thank you with all my heart!
I will always carry you with me,
though we are miles apart;
For you gave to me the tools,
to live a life of peace,
You guided me to my higher power,
whose blessings never cease.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
I thank you with all of me!
I wish you all the best in life,
and sweet sobriety! ! ! ! !
Dwayne Bailey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sobriety by Dwayne Bailey )
- A Sonnet For Stanley Tookie Williams, Evie Shockley
- notes to my nieces (or, essays in fortun.., Evie Shockley
- Of The Transfiguration Of Our Lord, John Beaumont
- Of The Epiphany, John Beaumont
- statistical haiku (or, how do they disco.., Evie Shockley
- En germe, noir, Marcel Aouizerate
- The pilot, Marcel Aouizerate
- The library, Marcel Aouizerate
- a background in music, Evie Shockley
- Lost in Levallois, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)