As my time draws ever closer,
and the end is coming near;
It will soon be time to walk out these doors,
and once again face my fears.
I've learned so very much in group,
form everyone who shared;
And as I opened up a bit,
and my demons in life I barred;
I found a joy and peace,
deep inside my heart;
I found a kindard spirit in group,
in which we all took part.
I truely found in this heart of mine,
a special love for you all.
You picked me up when I was down,
and showed me how to stand tall.
And to the staff at Highland Ridge,
I thank you with all my heart!
I will always carry you with me,
though we are miles apart;
For you gave to me the tools,
to live a life of peace,
You guided me to my higher power,
whose blessings never cease.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
I thank you with all of me!
I wish you all the best in life,
and sweet sobriety! ! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sobriety by Dwayne Bailey )
- I Have In Mind, Dianne Feaver
- Cured Cancer, Foster Teegarden
- Saying one's prayers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)