As my time draws ever closer,
and the end is coming near;
It will soon be time to walk out these doors,
and once again face my fears.
I've learned so very much in group,
form everyone who shared;
And as I opened up a bit,
and my demons in life I barred;
I found a joy and peace,
deep inside my heart;
I found a kindard spirit in group,
in which we all took part.
I truely found in this heart of mine,
a special love for you all.
You picked me up when I was down,
and showed me how to stand tall.
And to the staff at Highland Ridge,
I thank you with all my heart!
I will always carry you with me,
though we are miles apart;
For you gave to me the tools,
to live a life of peace,
You guided me to my higher power,
whose blessings never cease.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
I thank you with all of me!
I wish you all the best in life,
and sweet sobriety! ! ! ! !
Dwayne Bailey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sobriety by Dwayne Bailey )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy man are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor