Talent and dedication
I believe not in talent,
I believe not in dedication,
nor do I believe in their
Arrogant I am,
At least, enough to believe I have talents.
To everything that appealed,
I poured in my soul.
Achieved I have,
only a few notches below the acceptable.
Talent is merely a wound,
on which the salt of dedication is heaped.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Talent and dedication by Tarun Agarwal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey