Talent and dedication
I believe not in talent,
I believe not in dedication,
nor do I believe in their
Arrogant I am,
At least, enough to believe I have talents.
To everything that appealed,
I poured in my soul.
Achieved I have,
only a few notches below the acceptable.
Talent is merely a wound,
on which the salt of dedication is heaped.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Talent and dedication by Tarun Agarwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson