Talk to Her Handbag and She’ll Hear You (Fun Poem 42)
Vera and I went out for a meal on Saturday night
along with our eldest son, daughter-in-law,
Vera’s sister, her daughter and family.
When we got to the restaurant,
Vera kept saying what?
I asked her if she had her, hearing aid in,
she replied it was in her handbag.
So I announced to everyone
if you want to speak to Vera,
you are going to have to talk to her handbag.
(12 November 2007)
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talk to Her Handbag and She’ll Hear You (Fun Poem 42) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi