Talking to the Dead
You killed yourself yesterday and I'm still talking to you because I think you can hear me. I know what you did for me. I can see it now so clearly, and so I'm saying, ''Thank you'' and wishing I hadn't been so stupid.
I'm at your funeral now, and nobody's crying but me because they all just shake their heads. They think you were self destructive. I can read it in their eyes, but I know they're all wrong.
You were true to yourself always, and I know you didn't kill yourself for yourself. I know you did it for me.
I was so stupid, and I see it now. I promise you I will try never to be stupid again, because I see what I have done.
You killed yourself to show me how bad it would be.
You killed yourself because I wanted to kill myself, and you couldn't talk me out of it.
You took my place because you thought I had so much to live for, when you had nothing.
You showed me, the only way you could think of.
That's why I'm here crying, seeing everybody stare.
That's why I won't try to kill myself. You showed me how valuable life is.
That's why I love you.
That's why I love you.
Violet Llewellyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking to the Dead by Violet Llewellyn )
- Poetry, Poetry, The Heart of The Matter, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Arsenal Shirt, Mark Hamilton
- Save Ther Poor Daughter of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Orchestra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- E-rated poemier- go slow, Elvis Airohi
- Songs of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- E-rated poemier- if it had ended, Elvis Airohi
- Upon His Face, david kush
- Abel, Aftab Alam
- At Least Live and Dream, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)