That shiny, monstrous thing,
That makes it look like its king,
Its taking over us each day,
So get rid of your television today,
I cant believe you kids,
Are putting all your bids,
On the televisions, why?
Why dont we just say bye...
Get rid of them now!
I bet you cant see how,
Because there hypnotising you,
And there telling you what to do,
Those channels like BBC 2,
What invented who?
ITV1, ITV2, CHANNEL 4,
I hate them, I do,
I cant believe you all,
Those big things, small and tall,
Adults, take respect,
Dont give up and collect,
So now you know why to put them in the bin,
Overwise those televisions will win!
Amy Gibbs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Television by Amy Gibbs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols
- Caged In, Kerri Foxx
- Only faith, I keep, Aftab Alam
- har khel khel liya, Yashvardhan Goel
- Broken, Kerri Foxx
- Take Time, Proud SugarBoe
- Persian cat upon the fence, lee fones
- Tragedy at Nightfall, Kerri Foxx