That shiny, monstrous thing,
That makes it look like its king,
Its taking over us each day,
So get rid of your television today,
I cant believe you kids,
Are putting all your bids,
On the televisions, why?
Why dont we just say bye...
Get rid of them now!
I bet you cant see how,
Because there hypnotising you,
And there telling you what to do,
Those channels like BBC 2,
What invented who?
ITV1, ITV2, CHANNEL 4,
I hate them, I do,
I cant believe you all,
Those big things, small and tall,
Adults, take respect,
Dont give up and collect,
So now you know why to put them in the bin,
Overwise those televisions will win!
Amy Gibbs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Television by Amy Gibbs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira