Ten Times Over
Ten times over in one hundred ways
I have said aloud.
'Keep me away from the source of evil
and a thirsting crowd.'
'Tis better I think to be alone
and allow your thoughts to roam
then to surround yourself with other's thoughts
and let them fill your dome.
And what of the heart that's never quiet
because of noisy phrases?
Its beat will become unbearable
and succumb to unearthly blazes.
And so I start each day by counting
all the thoughts I've had.
I find that when I do this thing
my thinking is not sad.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ten Times Over by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- GOD VS. MAN, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. COMMON SENSE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CONSOLATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIP AUGMENTATION VS. DAISY DUCK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DON'T LOSE YOUR BALANCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMORLESS ASSHOLES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dream, Andre Salva
- RISE AND FALL, Beryl Dov
- BLACK THUMB 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WITLESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov