Termites - the Better Side
The termites really bug a lot
Of humans as wood eaters would.
But humans find termites have got
A lot of poop scoop that is good.
Digested wood in termite gut
Does turn to hydrogen in part,
And not a burning fuel - tut-tut,
Could be a power source quite smart.
A termite gut is also where
A cure for cancer may be found,
Studying the core protein there -
Why cellular bad might abound.
Termites could be humans' best friends,
Bearing gifts from termites' back ends.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Termites - the Better Side by Ima Ryma )
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear', Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)