Termites - the Better Side
The termites really bug a lot
Of humans as wood eaters would.
But humans find termites have got
A lot of poop scoop that is good.
Digested wood in termite gut
Does turn to hydrogen in part,
And not a burning fuel - tut-tut,
Could be a power source quite smart.
A termite gut is also where
A cure for cancer may be found,
Studying the core protein there -
Why cellular bad might abound.
Termites could be humans' best friends,
Bearing gifts from termites' back ends.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Termites - the Better Side by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inside a family, SALINI NAIR
- Like Crocodiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- The New Chinese Fiction, James Tate
- All that energy..., Dieter Ian Maree
- Let us worship, gajanan mishra
- Girl Jumping Rope, Morgan Michaels
- Woodsmen Day, Doris Beaulieu
- stamp, Alvinzor Flores
- Darkness of the Day, Pintu Mahakul
- A cigar aficionado, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta