Today I saw a hawk suddenly appear swooped and
grabbed a sparrow standing on a phone line.
It sat on an old oak tree tearing it victim apart
and since it was sated other sparrows flew about
without fear. The human world is more complex
we use religion to commit murder, this time as
often Islam a peaceful religion, has once again been
used as an excuse for murder.
This modern life soaked in blood, but we only react
to what we see, grisly murder enacted by idiots,
who do not deserve to be understood by liberals.
Yet I wish there were a phone camera ready when
drones tear limbs from the innocents´ bodies, most
of them children who do not understand why.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Terror by oskar hansen )
- Maternity, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Crematorium, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)