I recall by chance, the astuteness of rain
When the thin smoke from charged pulses of cold haze
Befriended the weeded way...
Leering further into the viscera of the village,
Clouds of old beginnings heaved potent sighs,
Loud, frenetic and full of powder.
I revelled in the warmth of acid lightning,
Quick to mirror the village in its own image.
Then came the vitrined harmony of fleeing specters!
The grey breath was intense,
Fusing teethed mirth with grim spheres.
Tricks were revealed.
Tenebrous paths came to light.
And the rumps of sensuous fowls stood stark
Before the reality of weaned souls.
I recall lighting up a cigarette.
Adding to the atmospheric smoke,
I held on to the banter of coyness, flat,
Resolute, and with rummaged blessedness of initial stages
Blending well with the greed of May.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Testimony by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Death Denizens, Richard Thripp
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson
- Ripples Of The Heart, Kewayne Wadley