Glen Martin Fitch
I can't undo
what stupidly I've done.
To face embarrassment
I'd rather die.
I've lost their trust, respect.
We cannot lie.
I know from this
my friendship they will shun.
But one's response
Confronted I did NOT
claim the hurt for me.
accepted all the blame.
I sought support for change
and in my shame
One seldom gets momentum
at a start,
a stinging slap
to make me smart.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THANK GOD by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz