Thank You Lord For Work
For work, we thank You Lord
Indeed it is a blessing.
To buy the things we can afford,
A source of income for our living.
Work is good, a great therapy.
It cures both idleness and pockets,
We make use of Your time wisely
And when bills come we do not fret.
Work does give one dignity,
Self-reliance and Self Respect.
We do not lean on sympathy
But do our part as all expect.
Thank You Lord, bless our hands
That our work may be completed.
Bless our minds to understand
Work is Your gift - appreciated.
'But remember the Lord Your God for it is He Who gives
you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant
to Your forefathers....'
Deuteronomy 8: 18
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You Lord For Work by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -51, Ronjoy Brahma
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra