Thank You Lord For Work
For work, we thank You Lord
Indeed it is a blessing.
To buy the things we can afford,
A source of income for our living.
Work is good, a great therapy.
It cures both idleness and pockets,
We make use of Your time wisely
And when bills come we do not fret.
Work does give one dignity,
Self-reliance and Self Respect.
We do not lean on sympathy
But do our part as all expect.
Thank You Lord, bless our hands
That our work may be completed.
Bless our minds to understand
Work is Your gift - appreciated.
'But remember the Lord Your God for it is He Who gives
you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant
to Your forefathers....'
Deuteronomy 8: 18
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You Lord For Work by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Alter Ego, Foster Teegarden
- Pigeon, Foster Teegarden
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Foster Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley