Thank You Lord
Thank you Lord for your sacrifice by sending your Son Jesus Christ,
Christ put aside His Iron Rod to come to earth as The Lamb of God.
Thank you Lord for dying for me on that wicked cross up on Calvary,
The very God of all eternity died on a bloody cross in place of me.
Thank you Lord for seeking my heart and giving me a brand new start,
God found me in a darkened life and gave to me a new life in Christ.
Thank you Lord for forgiving my sin, cleansing my heart deep within,
God sees me but not my old life, being washed in the blood of Christ.
Thank you Lord for saving me and seating me with Christ in Eternity.
Although still upon the earth, I’m positioned in Heaven by new birth.
Thank you Lord for loving me and opening my eyes, so that I may see,
Christ touched me with His Grace and removed the veil from my face.
Thank you Lord for The Spirit inside who for me is an Eternal Guide.
Wisdom to me The Spirit brings guiding and teaching me in all things.
Thank you Lord for using my life to draw other men unto Jesus Christ,
I’ve died to self and live for Christ so that others may have New Life.
Thank you Lord for all my needs as you are faithful to the end indeed,
Addressing every need and care, of all my needs He is fully aware.
Thank you Lord for the times we talk anywhere along my life’s walk,
Whether on the road or in my home, I have access to God’s Throne.
I Thank you that from the start you placed a song deep in my heart,
With a new song in my heart to sing, I thank you Lord for everything.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You Lord by Bob Gotti )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra