Emelita C. Smith
Thank You Mama (Mother's Day)
A mother's blessings is incomparable
To all other human beings.
Although, a baby can not be made
with out a daddy
But, mothers is laying on death bed
While having the baby inside her
giving the child a chance to live.
With all those nine months inside her womb
She and the baby fights alone.
Maybe daddy is there to give support and attention
But, how about those daddy who worked away from home?
Mothers are gift from heaven
So delicate and soft but
inside they are the toughest
and bravest of all human beings.
Their sacrifices did not end of giving birth
Instead, its the only flowing divine grace
that a child received from the moment she/he was conceived.
Mothers are always there in times of troubles and fears.
Fathers give love and affection too
But, mothers are more sensitive for babies needs.
A mother and a child connection can not be fathom
For it is from divine grace that even animals have it.
On mother's day celebration
Raise your arms into the sky and shared your love
To every mothers in the world who gives sacrifice.
And even to those unhappy, unwanted ones
Still be thankful that a mother gives you a chance
To see the world and breath the air of life.
Children, we can not repay what our mothers sacrifices.
The moment she conceive us and let us live in her womb
She already died half and face the world of death.
That alone is the sweetest gift we are given as our
hearts beat into life inside her womb.
Mothers are the most loving, caring, sweetest creature.
They don't needs expensives gifts to show love in return.
A simple hugs, or a kiss on the cheek and a soft
'Thank You' Mom followed by a simple 'I love You' Mom
I'm sure you will receive the sweetest smile on earth.
And thats Mothers love for her kids.
My Mother inspired me to write this.
Emelita C. Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You Mama (Mother's Day) by Emelita C. Smith )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan