Thank You, Mum
Thank you, Mum, for all that you do.
My siblings and I want to thank you for many things.
Thank you for being at our sides when we needed you.
We could not have survived without you.
Thank you for making dinner for us; if we did not have that, we would not have lived.
Thank you for clothing us; it kept us very warm.
Thank you for giving us a home; we can have a place to sleep.
Thank you for cleaning; we don’t know where we would be otherwise.
Thank you for teaching us values; we have grown because of them.
Thank you for showing compassion; it has been a great blessing.
Thank you for saving us from Dad; if it weren’t for you, his wrath would have taken a toll.
Thank you for Christmas celebrations; they are things that will always touch our hearts.
Thank you for our birthday parties; they will always be memorable.
Thank you for giving birth to us; we would not be here if you hadn’t.
Thank you for nurturing us, for you have always been good.
Thank you for your advice, for it is comforting.
Thank you for listening, for it helps a lot.
Thank you for working to provide for us; we don’t know where we’d be.
Thank you for your patience; we would not know love.
Thank you for your courage; you fought for our freedom valiantly.
Thank you for your devotion; we appreciate it greatly.
Thank you for your forgiveness, for we would not know how to give.
Thank you for your sacrifice, for you have done many great things.
We love you, Mum, and we thank you for all that you do.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You, Mum by Justin Reamer )
- Character, Hans Raj Sharma
- Deine Sucht, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Your mania, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- जिउनि दाइरियाव, -2009, Ronjoy Brahma
- Celebration, Aftab Alam
- I Cry, Phil Soar
- To Be An Ocean, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Present World, Aftab Alam
- Am I independent?, gajanan mishra
- Call Me, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)