Judith Viorst (February 2, 1931)
I wanted small pierced earrings (gold).
You gave me slippers (gray).
My mother said that she would scold
Unless I wrote to say
How much I liked them.
& nbsp; Not much.
Poet Other Poems
- Fifteen, Maybe Sixteen Things to Worry A...
- Happiness (Reconsidered)
- If I Were In Charge of the World
- Mother Doesn't Want a Dog
- Remembrance of Christmas Past
- Since Hanna Moved Away
- Some Advice from a Mother to Her Married...
- Some Things Don't Make Any Sense at All
- Thank-you Note
- The Honeymoon Is Over
- The Pleasures of Ordinary Life
- Three (O'clock) in the Morning
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.