Thankful For What I Have
I see a clear, dark blue sky covered with stars twinkling
That lights up my little world.
I am at peace with my God.
I am not rich with gold and it doesn't matter to me at all,
For I am rich with love, a millionaire,
And I am thankful for the little that I have.
I give thanks to my God for what He has made of me. So as I look around at the world
And see a lot of greed and hate,
It makes me very sad.
I say a little prayer for those who are trapped in this world
Of greed and hate.
And when my prayer is over,
I can open my eyes and I see the beauty of my little world,
That is filled with love and care.
I can't help but as always,
To be thankful for what I have.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thankful For What I Have by Derrick Allenger )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(22 March 1941 -)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher
- Escaping The World, silenced work
- Lonely, silenced work
- Agnostic Afloat, Donal Mahoney
- Unharmed Pinecones, Saiom Shriver
- Goodluck Jonathan, Okoemu Barnabas
- Money Saved Is Money Earned, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- cool with me, Cee Bea