Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer
Let us give thanks to God above,
Thanks for expressions of His love,
Seen in the book of nature, grand
Taught by His love on every hand.
Let us be thankful in our hearts,
Thankful for all the truth imparts,
For the religion of our Lord,
All that is taught us in His word.
Let us be thankful for a land,
That will for such religion stand;
One that protects it by the law,
One that before it stands in awe.
Thankful for all things let us be,
Though there be woes and misery;
Lessons they bring us for our good-
Later 'twill all be understood.
Thankful for peace o'er land and sea,
Thankful for signs of liberty,
Thankful for homes, for life and health,
Pleasure and plenty, fame and wealth.
Thankful for friends and loved ones, too,
Thankful for all things, good and true,
Thankful for harvest in the fall,
Thankful to Him who gave it all.
Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanksgiving by Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- We are the learned, gajanan mishra
- Four Lack Songs, Susan Stewart
- The Answer to Cancer, Edwina Reizer
- In The Past, Trumbull Stickney
- What is there in the sky, gajanan mishra
- I bow down, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Too Fair I See, Lauren B Called
- Words of Love, Lauren B Called
- Pain, Lauren B Called
- Because We're All in this Together, Lauren B Called