That Inner Urge For Writing!
When that inner urge for writing
Begins in gaining strength,
I reach for God's enlightening,
To gain success at length...
For not all urges lead to love
Or benefit Mankind
And so my prayers ascend above,
Some wisdom still to find...
Outpouring revelation's touch,
His hand on mine to share,
God's wisdom comes that means so much,
My tears fall here and there...
For I see through the Father's eyes,
My heart beats just like His,
That's when I come to realise
The breadth 'twixt pain and bliss...
So writing means much more to me
When God is oh so near,
When He presents each mystery
Then makes it crystal clear!
Like muddy waterfalls that flow
To waters pristine clean,
God's treasure troves bless those that know
The journeys inbetween...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Comments about this poem (That Inner Urge For Writing! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola
- The Storyteller, David Lewis Paget
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders