That One Night When You Drank Too Much
That one night you drank too much,
but you did not drink enough.
You consumed the rare air
between us, humid with hope
and inhibitions. Ionized
with Spenserian sonnets
and Warwick singing
Walk on By.
That night I did not ask
you to marry me
and wondered if
I should have.
Now I don’t even know
where you are,
but there is a chamber
in my mind
where we meet.
Sonny Rainshine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That One Night When You Drank Too Much by Sonny Rainshine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery