Sonny Rainshine Poems
- 100 Fireflies He stayed up half the night collecting one ...
- Sylvia Plath She reached for grapes and grasped a cluster of...
- A Leaf Refuses To Fall The leaves don’t let go that easily ...
- Grandfather's Face You had to look a second or third time to...
- Migrant Mother Every wrinkle, marking her skin, burnt ...
- Passive Voice You protest that love has passed you by, ...
- 1 Is Easy One sex, one race, one religion, one face. One ...
Education: MA English; BA French.
Profession: Software trainer for health care organization.
Hobbies: Avid reader and movie buff. Light hiking and long walks in the woods.
Most of the 19th century Romantics, William Carlos Williams, and a host of others.
Poetic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
He stayed up half the night
collecting one hundred fireflies in a mason jar.
Just before midnight he unscrewed the lid
and released them inside the screen porch.
Next door a man leaps high and says to his wife: