Lawrence S. Pertillar
It's quite simple.
And as plain as listening to an excuse.
No time is awaiting,
For people to make delayed decisions.
To have bouts with doubts in minds confused.
When time is given to anyone and it comes,
That's when decisions to enact should be made.
'There are those who disagree with you.'
They can chose to do it,
Until polluted oceans return back to the color blue.
But when time comes to go...
Decisions that should have been made,
No more time is given.
The giving of it is refused.
Tell that to those sitting in prisons.
Tell that to grieving parents and relatives visiting,
Manicured cemeteries wishing things were different.
You tell how ridiculous it is to those still with children.
Children of all ages lacking discipline, dignity...
Or any kind of respect.
You tell that to anyone seeking to impress.
But their backs are hunched over by a reality carried...
By a using their time to find reasons to get in deep debt.
'What are you saying? '
Time has left them acquiring regrets.
With it being too late,
For their regrets to be expressed.
If any of this 'is' ridiculous,
Give me all the money you have left...
And I will take it with 'your' time and go place a bet.
And IF you do this?
I will not be the one found ridiculous.
THAT's what I'm saying.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That's Ridiculous by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Life is Cruel, Levi Crum
- Him, Levi Crum
- Watching Language Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Lady, Michael P. McParland
- OH! winter, let it snow again, Juwon Daniel
- The Run For Glory, Karen GonzalezVidela
- Like A Needle And A Thread Did Wed (By S.., Anastasia Hunt
- snow at school, Juwon Daniel
- Be At Peace, Michael P. McParland
- Filing Bankruptcy, Susan Lacovara