The African Child! ! !
He stands up with his face
in the direction of the heavens
his eyes huge and his black skin shines like ebony.
He's beautifully build and his agonizing face refuses to show
the hurts he bears inside.
He has a face of a scared child
but refuses to cry
he wanders around and around
with thoughts full in his mind
the thoughts of knowledge and good.
The thoughts of love and hope
he prayed to expressed to the African fellows
who are all proud to be Negroes.
His thoughts wander afar during the time
when the human hunters visited Africa
taking away our fathers and brothers.
To work hard and labor
was their breakfast and supper.
Yes i am an African child.
and proud to be alive.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The African Child! ! ! by MICHAEL GRAY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey