Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Amazon Rose.
The wed-lock bed,
Was all but red,
And no dregs of gray,
The bride came up,
With all her wild harps,
And ignited the hidden fire.
The unquenched groom,
Found a room,
With the highs of his all desire,
The Amazon Rose fanned her poetry,
And reduced into ash the groom’s fire.
An equally violent she sought a mate,
Who had more than tsunami’s flood,
The Amazon queen, made so many ruins,
To blackened –crude and bluish –blood.
Imbecile, impotent, and quick-fall,
With sound and fury, they came all,
But none she thought, for her brought,
A saturation made of cannon ball.
The Amazon queen, seeks ruins and ruins,
And blooms on man-eater’s tree,
She arrests looks, employs hooks,
And herself remains ever free.
Some haggard bankrupts, yawn and say,
‘The house of illusion, the Maya, she may,
And no man ever can estimate her worth,
She is combined divine and wine by her birth.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Amazon Rose. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)