The Animals of Christmas
The animals of Christmas were there for Christ it's true,
Let me tell about each one, in this poem for you;
First was the donkey who carried Mary, to the city,
And joseph walked beside, and carrying the Baby to be.
There was the Lambs, Who were with the shepherds on the hill,
As they cared for them, they came of fear and was still;
They saw the Angel who told of Christ, born this Holy night,
Then the watched and heard the angels sing, what a glorious sight.
Another important animal was the camels who came from afar,
Guiding those Wisemen, Following the special star;
They brought those wisemen with their gifts for the king,
Telling joseph and Mary, myrrh, frankincense and gold we bring.
There would have been the cattle, in the stable there,
Such lowly animals, would have given milk to share;
And being lowly and humble animals, is what Jesus was to us.
Because He came to give life, So He died upon the cross.
margaret haig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Animals of Christmas by margaret haig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable