The Arrow Is Straight, But Kills!
In spite of the fact the arrow is straight
It is dangerous and kills the enemy in fight!
But, the fact that the Lute or Veenai is curved,
It produces the nice music the artist rendered!
Likewise, one has to judge the humane
Nature, virtues and character of deserving men,
By the good deeds he does to others,
But not by their fair appearance thither!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil poem from literature 'ThirukkuRaL'.
கணைகொடியது யாழ்கோடு செவ்விதாங் கன்ன
வினைபடு பாலாற் கொளல்.279 கூடாஒழுக்கம்
Comments about this poem (The Arrow Is Straight, But Kills! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock