The baby new to earth and sky
Has never until now
Unto himself the question put
Or asked us if the cow
Is higher in the mental scale
Than men like me and you,
Or if the cow refrains from food
Till she finds work to do.
'The baby new to earth and sky,'
As Tennyson has written,
Just goes ahead and sucks a teat
Like to-day's great men in Britain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Baby by Ezra Pound )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest