The Bee-Boy's Song
Bees! Bees! Hark to your bees!
"Hide from your neigbours as much as you please,
But all that has happened, to us you must tell,
Or else we will give you no honey to sell!"
A maiden in her glory,
Upon her wedding - day,
Must tell her Bees the story,
Or else they'll fly away.
Fly away -- die away --
Dwindle down and leave you!
But if you don't deceive your Bees,
Your Bees will not deceive you.
Marriage, birth or buryin',
News across the seas,
All you're sad or merry in,
You must tell the Bees.
Tell 'em coming in an' out,
Where the Fanners fan,
'Cause the Bees are just about
As curious as a man!
Don't you wait where the trees are,
When the lightnings play,
Nor don't you hate where Bees are,
Or else they'll pine away.
Pine away -- dwine away --
Anything to leave you!
But if you never grieve your Bees,
Your Bees'll never grieve you.
Rudyard Kipling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bee-Boy's Song by Rudyard Kipling )
Did you read them?
- Jacky Tiger, Afshan Fatima
- It Gets Better, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Cursed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Camphored Away, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Alone and, hasmukh amathalal
- Animal Love, Afshan Fatima
- Thoughts On Anne Sexton, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Deysia, Cameron Weeks
- To My Father, Afshan Fatima
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)