The Best We Ever Got
At Christmas, we want to give
our children the best,
the toy of the year,
the one that is most after sought.
Although we get it
and after a few months we find it
is discarded for another
and left behind.
If we remember our own childhood
the toys we liked the best
weren’t the ones that cost a fortune,
but the ones made with love and care.
They weren’t discarded,
but loved and treasured
as we grew up through the years.
The memories they hold
stayed with us always
and to us will remain
the best thing we ever got
because of all the love behind them
that came from a heart of gold.
Like all presents,
it is not how expensive they might cost,
but how much love went into them
that’s what really counts.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best We Ever Got by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul