All of a sudden
after several years,
his wife decides to clean
the house up...
Ok! he says, if you have to...
I'll even go out if you want?
It's ok! she said, you can stay
There's another thing though,
the bookcase, yeah!
we need to put it in the room
where your living,
'How would you feel about that -
we don't want to depress you! ',
And by the way, my parents said;
'take all the time you want',
'go to the cinema',
'eat out more often',
'go on trips',
'visit your mum',
Is that You?
It's the dreaded Vindaloo,
and think of Roger's vengeance
for a second...
I mean I wouldn't poison
a flea, but me I can't stop it,
Poison - yes I'm very Socratic,
when it comes down to it,
That's why I go around devising
all the time if life is really
Who are true friends,
Does anybody ever really
God I wished you were still alive!
What a dream,
we really need to contact something
Take a paracetemol or an aspirin,
or maybe something even stronger...
Sometimes I just wonder, if your
hanging about, awaiting my death
or total expulsion...
You angelic sons and daughters
of Bulls and Bitches,
Oh! please don't think like that,
and i should die right now if
Guilt - well am i the transgressor,
and I always feel it,
why shouldn't I, I'm just like
The Bookcase - yeah!
sorry, what was that again?
your going to put it in, beside me...
Your brother and step father
will do all the lifting,
the heavy work,
Like why make a man dig
his own grave,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bookcase by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 January 1930)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- All Just A Game, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever Black, Spiritwind Wood
- For the Love of Your Life, Sandra Feldman
- Flame Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- Until You Look Through My Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- In the Span of Life, R B Seals
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar