The Books Of The Holy Bible
The Books of the Holy Bible form the Cross of Christ.
Eleven to the left,
Eleven to the right,
Eleven books raised high above,
With thirty-three below,
So together we know,
Sixty-six show the King of Love...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This Holy Bible poem is based on the Gospel poem
Gods Puzzle by Gerald Bergeron (God's Puzzle)
The encampment formation of the Israelites is regarded
as forming the sign of the Cross when seen from above.
Also see my Gospel poem, The Triumph Of The Cross
The Triumph Of The Cross is a Gospel
message preached by minister John Hagee.
Available as sermon 1317, series S-1315.
Websites: jhm-dot-org and getv-dot-org
Hear the word of the Lord on GOD TV,
on Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview HD, or
Roku box, or visit the website god-dot-tv
Comments about this poem (The Books Of The Holy Bible by Denis Martindale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Sharart, Akhtar Jawad
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra