Marvin Brato Sr
# The Brook #
The cascading stream
sings a melody of life
as it fills the open river
that continuously flowing
into the ocean of memories.
The rainfall replenishes
the bosom pond of water
from which surge endlessly
fresh irrigate of our existence.
The century earth is blessed
as the river nestles on its breast
bathing relentlessly to wash off dust
while every living creature drinks from it.
Even the stones on the sand
has cooled its body from sunburn
when water pours on the riverbank
thus quench the thirst of the planetarium.
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (# The Brook # by Marvin Brato Sr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman