RIC S. BASTASA
the caged bird cries...
i do not know why a caged bird sings?
or shall it sing when caged?
or shall it cry instead?
i know cages, and i have met some birds,
i have seen birds on cages
and i have heard them sing on trees
i have listened them when caged
it is not a song, but a cry,
it is not a dance, but a struggle,
it is not a poem, but the saddest prose.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the caged bird cries... by RIC S. BASTASA )
Did you read them?
- A Father's Miscarriage, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Howling From Tomorrow, Steven Rhoads
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Stalker
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns